This salad is ready to be served as lunch, a side dish, or a light dinner. With avocado, pomegranate, turkey and pepitas, the dish gives plenty of Fall/Winter vibes, packs a lot of nutrients and has a variety of textures.
Smoked Turkey & Pomegranate Salad
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup Frick’s smoked turkey drum (meat from bone, chopped)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 1/8 cup caramelized pepitas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsalmic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon deli mustard
- Toss greens with smoked turkey, blue cheese, half of the pomegranate seeds and half of the pepitas.
- In a cup, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and deli mustard. Pour over greens.
- Serve with avocado, remaining pomegranate seeds and pepitas on top.
Note: If pepitas are not readily available, try substituting with a caramelized nut,
such as pistachio or hazelnut.
A creation by Jessa of Sparkle Living Blog